It's been a while since I posted anything, yet a lot has happened! In February, my great grandpa Royle passed away. (I love this picture of him holding Brooklyn when she was a baby!) I've been thinking a lot about him lately, especially since he would have been 98 today. He lived a great life and served others in many ways. I'll always admire how he lovingly took care of his wife, especially when her health was bad. He took every opportunity to teach others through sharing his life experiences...and he had many! He had an amazing garden and generously shared the fruits of his labor with family and friends. In his 90's he finished an autobiography which I will always treasure. One of my favorite memories of my grandpa was a year ago today at his 97th birthday party. The girls and I drove up to American Fork for the celebration. I was amazed when (at age 97, remember) he got down on the ground to play with my girls for a good 10 minutes. He was actually crawling around and making them laugh. They had so much fun! I love and miss him. I know he's having an awesome reunion with my great grandma.
3 comments:
I've been thinking about him so much too! I love grandpa! I'm so glad you guys were able to go to his birthday last year.
I thought of him all day too. I wanted so bad to call and wish him Happy Birthday. I am glad we could be there last year for his last Birthday together. Thanks for the memories.
I feel like I know him because we have been able to have several conversations about how much you love him and admire him. I am so glad you got to go last year too. Makes me miss my grandparents!
Post a Comment